Backup Software Reviews
is a backup tool that protects your data
from loss or damage. Handy Backup operates under Windows 95, 98, ME or
Windows NT, 2000, XP, 2003. It will back up your files at any
convenient time, restore files from a backup copy or synchronize them
between different locations. All these operations are performed in the
background. You only need to setup the program once, and it will
execute scheduled backups, restores and synchronizations at the time
needed. Handy Backup works with files organized in items. You can set
a number of parameters for an item: operation type (backup, restore or
synchronize), source and destination locations of files and folders,
special options (compression, encryption), scheduling, etc.
- Supports different types of backup storage including FTP, removable
media and all types of LAN's;
- CD-RW support with disc spanning to divide a large backup set into
parts saved onto several discs;
- Integrated Zip compression;
- 128 bit encryption for stored data;
- Flexible scheduler;
- Multi-threaded transfer engine that executes backups in the background;
- Backup of several folders or files at a time;
- Activity log in RTF format for each backup item;
- Option to run backups on log on/log off;
- Options to set any other program to run before/after running a backup item;
- Flexible file selection and file masks handling;
- Special plugins to back up your Outlook, ICQ and registry data;
- MD4/MD5 password support for FTP backups;
- E-mail notification about operation results;
- Command line interface for professional users.
- Handy Backup allows you to copy files between work and home
computers automatically, without necessity to use any storage media.
You can modify files on your work computer and they will be
synchronized automatically with the home computer.
- Keep your laptop synchronized with the desktop. With Handy Backup
you can copy files between your laptop or notebook computer and your
desktop computer keeping all important files updated on both
- If your data is located on a remote FTP server and you wish to
keep the same data on your local machine, Handy Backup will create an
identical copy of the data stored on the FTP. If data in one of these
identical folders is changed, the program will make the folders
identical any time you wish or automatically.
- Handy Backup can also be used to copy files between servers to
have synchronized information across the network.
- If you periodically copy files from one computer to another, you
know that if something goes wrong during the copying process you'll
have to start copying all over again. Using Handy Backup, once you set
up source and destination locations, even if there is a problem, you
won't have to start copying from the beginning. Simply fix the problem
and Handy Backup will copy only missed or changed files.
- You can synchronize files on two computers, i.e. bring them to the
same state. The newer version replaces the older one, and files
missing on one machine will be added. Synchronization can work in one
or both directions, e. g. between a notebook and a desktop PC or among
Handy Backup performs three types of operations - backup,
restore and synchronization.
Backup is the most frequently used operation type. It is used to
save your important files into another storage location. If some files
are corrupted or lost in the original folder, you can restore them
from the backup copies. Handy Backup allows you to choose between two
backup types, full backup and incremental backup. In the incremental
mode the program copies only files that have been changed since
previous backup; files are compared by date and time of the last
change. The advantages of this backup type are obvious - less amount
of data to operate with, less time is necessary to perform backup
Restore is used for restoring files from a backup copy in case your
original data is accidentally lost or corrupted. It can be also used
to restore backed up data to a different location. Handy Backup can
perform full restore and incremental restore where only those files
that have been changed since previous restore are restored. The
program allows you to select the restore location for your files - to
restore to any other folder, even to one located on another machine.
Sometimes it is necessary to restore only several files or a single
file. Handy Backup allows you to perform this, too.
You can use this type of operation to synchronize data between
different locations, for example, your home and office machine. You
can also synchronize data with a remote FTP server. Handy Backup
performs 3 types of synchronization:
- Copying from the first folder to the second - the program copies
files and folders from the first folder to the second;
- Copying from the second folder to the first - the program copies
files and folders from the second folder to the first;
- Mirroring both folders - the program makes contents of both folders
PC Magazine Editors' Choice
PC World Best Buy
What is Argentum Backup? Argentum Backup is an alternative
backup solution, which is available for free online download! Download
your copy now and see if it works for you! Argentum Backup is a handy,
small backup program that lets you back up your documents and
folders quickly and much easier! Argentum Backup safely
protects you from accidental deletes, overwrites, viruses, and
computer failures. Argentum Backup is fast and very easy to use.
- Argentum Backup includes a number of built-in, patented
templates to back up Windows registry, Windows desktop settings,
Outlook folders, e-mail messages and address book, database of your
favorite messenger: ICQ, MSN, Yahoo!, and AOL. The program is fully
compatible with all of the currently available Microsoft Windows
systems: 95, 98, ME, NT, 2000, Server, XP, Vista, 7, 8, and 10.
- Argentum Backup is suitable for both beginners and
advanced users. Advanced features include powerful stacking,
file masks, adjustable backup store, native file copying mode,
different backup strategies and more. You can store backups in regular
Zip files and create them both manually and automatically, using the
schedule. Argentum Backup was designed around and built for end users.
A key design goal for the product was to ensure that users spend their
time accomplishing their objectives, rather than worrying about or
having to manage their backup software.
- Most intuitive backup software ever. Extremely user-friendly and very easy to use.
- Extremely compact, fast and reliable.
- Simply creates Zip (or Zip64) files.
- Back up specific file locations on any Windows 95, 98, 2000, XP, Vista, 7, 8 and 10, fully automatically, with a rich set of built-in backup templates.
- Argentum Backup is cheap but good. $39 only if you use this opportunity today!
[ To the top ]