- ! Important information
- + New feature
- * Improvement or modification
- - Bug fixed or feature dropped
May 9, 2005, Release 2.50
- * The activation module within Argentum MyFiles no longer depends on network adapters, both physical and virtual, installed on the system. Argentum MyFiles no longer invalidates current activation state after dynamic change of MAC network address on computers with broadband, DSL, ISDN and other high-speed Internet connections, wireless access points, and dynamically configured network adapters.
- * Documentation updated and improved.
- * Main menu items are reorganized for better accessibility.
- * Other minor interface improvements and compatibility fixes.
- - Minor bug-fixes.
May 1, 2003, Release 2.30
- + XML and CSV export facilities are now available. While HTML publishing is good for most of the purposes of visual presentation, XML and CSV are ideal when you need to export MyFiles tree into information-centric, structured presentation. XML and CSV are better than HTML in case that you need to export MyFiles tree into another database program, spreadsheet or plain text format.
- + Binary properties are back again! We have decided to enable binary properties in MyFiles. This means you can now store pictures, music, documents, and any other binary content, as well as, Internet links and e-mail addresses right on the tree items!
- * HTML output format is now in additional conformity to CSS level one specification. This leads to a better rendering in today's CSS-compliant browsers, like Opera, Mozilla, Netscape Navigator 7 and more.
- + More accessibility in the tree pane.
- * Noticeable speed improvements again. 70% speed increase for searching!
- * No flicker on the desktop while changing trees in the explorer.
- - Bug-fixes and minor interface improvements.
June 4, 2002, Release 2.20
- * Various improvements in usability and user interface:
- A progress bar to track search progress.
- Less flicker on search window.
- Improved, gradient-filled toolbar with text labels.
- More compliance in regard to Windows XP themes.
- * A number of improvements in archive scanning engine:
- Support for Ace format introduced.
- Support for Ha format introduced.
- Better recognition between different format types.
- * Documentation updated with the new screenshots.
- * Various internal optimizations and bug-fixes.
March 7, 2002, Release 2.10
- + Argentum MyFiles features a fully skinned look and feel under Windows XP. Check this out!
- + A new variation of date/time property - pure time property. It conveniently holds, identifies and displays time intervals of up to 24 hours long using one second resolution. This feature was initially introduced to store track lengths of multimedia files (see the topic below about description extraction engine) but could be adapted for other possible uses.
- + We have developed and incorporated into MyFiles a new description extraction engine. It can effectively analyze file content and extract bits of various information out of it. The extraction engine currently supports audio files only, specifically MP3 files with ID3 tags and WAV files with RIFF tags. Engine's operation is controlled by formatting/compiling scripts and it's tuning is very flexible.
- + From now on you can choose a decoration style for your HTML presentations. A total of three possible decoration styles are currently available in the form of predefined templates, including printer-friendly version.
- * Sorting is now extension-based, in other words it takes into account the file extension (type).
- * Item blocks (cells) in HTML reports are now tiled with slightly differing colors to make a more usable, interleaved look and feel.
- + Favorite properties, formerly known as essential ones, get back. They have a slightly different behaviour comparing to previous releases. Their mission is to simplify adding new properties to the item if you do a lot of typesetting in MyFiles.
- * Yet more of search options gives even more of flexibility. You are now able to search in any kind of property, i. e. you're not limited to the type of the property. For example, if you handle MP3 music collection, this will let you search not only for names or comments, but as well for bitrates, frequency, channels and more!
- * Major speed optimizations. We have dramatically improved MyFiles' performance by using code profiling and optimizing the most frequently accessed code fragments, along with the plain logic optimization. We put a lot of time and efforts into this optimization so we are sure you'll be pleased with the results we have been able to attain to:
- 200 % speed increase while you're searching. Yes, we've made it three times faster.
- 80 % speed increase while you're publishing. Publishing is now 1.8 times faster.
- An approximate to 50 % increase for nearly all of other operations like browsing trees, optimizing items, scanning files etc.
- * A number of usability tweaks to the GUI.
- * The documentation updated and corrected.
- * Bug-fixes.
September 15, 2001, Release 2.00
- ! We have implemented a lot of new functionality, a lot of new improvements and a lot of corrections to our product in this release, so we decided to number this release with a new major number. This release has a number of 2.
- ! We have decided to give our product a new name to better reflect its purpose, to lower users' frustrations and to increase product marketability. The new name is Argentum MyFiles.
- ! We have also decided to split up product development into two branches. The first one is purely for cataloging files and folders. The other one is purely for organizing your personal data, collecting notes and managing your information. The second product is called Argentum Coolbase. They look much alike as they are built up on top of our brand, well-known, dendritic, multi-property database access engine, formerly found in Argentum Infophilia. We hope this move might also lower users' frustration and increase products marketability.
- ! So welcome to the new age of Argentum Infophilia - an age of Argentum MyFiles and Argentum Coolbase! That split-off enabled us to lower Argentum MyFiles price down to $ 29. Multiple licenses are also went down in price.
- * Major improvements in scanning engine as it has been completely rewritten. It is more stable now, gives less silent faults and giveups, performs better with NTFS, supports a number of new archive formats. The formats currently supported are: Zip, Cab, Rar, Arj, Lzh, Unix formats (Tar, Gz, Z). The scanning is built-in and is therefore faster and more stable. No external programs required.
- - Ability to recursively unpack archive files temporarily dropped. Expect this ability to return in the near future.
- - Root descriptions are now preserved during disk rescan.
- ! Changes in labeling scanned volumes. That breaks compatibility with earlier versions. However you can manually fix old labels to comply with these new rules.
- + New command: "Rescan Files".
- * Sorting everywhere within the program is now case-insensitive and supports international locales.
- * Integer properties are now aligned to the right and are now thousand-separated.
- + The whole new search window introduced, which is more usable and easier to manage now. It shows search results instantly in a tabular form, keeping these results until next search, supports item locating in the tree and more. That was one of the most demanded features according to the users' feedback.
- + You may now search within a specific property which you choose.
- + Editing of date and time properties greatly simplified. Separate native editing controls implemented for this sake. Some changes in defining date/time properties.
- * We have decided to permit editing right in the property pane. Property editing window has became obsolete according to these new editing rules. This should greatly increase usability of the product. This was also one of the most demanded features.
- + New commands in property pane popup menu to ease editing of the property list. These commands permit you to instantly add or remove single property.
- * Changes introduced to all dialogs for greater usability. Some dialogs now have a cascaded design with "More/Simple" buttons to better serve both beginners and advanced users.
- + A new title bar added to the top of the property pane. It conveniently displays information about current path together with icon and other contextual information.
- + A total size of all selected items in the list pane is now shown in the status bar.
- + We have reorganized the main menu as well as added new toolbar buttons, popup menus, and commands to the main (explorer) window. Overall it should be easier now to navigate and alter trees.
- * Some pictures changed. This affects icons look and feel throughout the program.
- * Various tweaks with the user interface, not specifically listed here. Various tweaks with the program code, not specifically listed here.
- * Significant changes in documentation to reflect all new additions, improvements, corrections.
January 2, 2001, Release 1.50
- ! We have moved to a new, redesigned, web-site.
- * Installation system replaced, as well as, distribution package structure slightly changed.
- - Fixed main window's strange behaviour caused by incorrect restoration of window's position and size.
- * Links inside program corrected to point to the new web-site.
- * Documentation revised.
- * Demo tree corrected.
September 26, 2000, Release 1.20
- + During copying and publishing, nodes are now sorted in the output according to the current sort settings in the explorer.
- * File open and file save dialogs could now be resized in Windows 98, Windows 2000 and Windows ME.
- * Nice picture now attached to the front page of HTML reports.
- * Microsoft Windows ME compatibility.
- * Icons attached to menu items.
- * Changes in registration scheme.
- * Minor color changes in GUI.
- - A few memory leaks corrected.
- - A few minor bug-fixes.
March 7, 2000, Release 1.10
- + Disk update feature introduced.
- * Scanning now performs faster since files are physically accessed only if they are archive files.
- - Rear general protection fault during scanning fixed.
- * Demo tree corrected. Contains now only copyrighted material.
- - A few very minor bug-fixes.
January 1, 2000, Release 1.00
- ! Argentum Infophilia is a commercial software from now. You should register in order to use it.
- ! Contact e-mail changed.
- + Binary property definition significantly extended. Now you can view binary content directly from the property pane. Or you can store links (including Internet ones) inside binary properties.
- + Powerful publishing engine included. Now you are able to view your dendriform content in HTML format, print out trees, deliver trees for presentation and deployment, design HTML pages using Argentum Infophilia as editor, and more.
- + Separate command included to add fixed set of properties, called essential properties, to the node.
- + "Open" command added to help access on-disk content.
- + Powerful statistics engine added.
- * Noticeable internal modifications all over the source code. Raising quality of the source code raises quality of the final executable and therefore leads to improved stability and speed.
- * Some internal optimizations. May result in 5-10% increase in speed during all operations concerning processing nodes. 5-15% for searching!
- + Windows 2000 Build 2128 compatibility.
- * Some templates changed. Some templates removed. New template - organizer - added.
- + Disk labels and serial numbers now fetched and stored.
- * Dates and times now support regional settings.
- * Search queries now support wildcards.
- + Menu hints in the status bar. New popup menus added. New shortcuts added.
- * Property pane now tracks changes in tree pane in addition to changes in list pane.
- * Less flicker in the list pane.
- * Some windows now remember more information about last state of their controls.
- * Menu structure changed noticeably according to human GUI rules.
- * Dialogs redesigned according to human GUI rules.
- * More consistent palette is now used for labels.
- * Icon and logo modified. Other cosmetic GUI changes.
- * Installer system replaced.
- * More accurate scanning progress reporting.
- * More accurate use of sound events.
- + Command line parameter support.
- * Updates in documentation to reflect changes. New topics in documentation to help first time users.
- * The copy command now can copy nodes into existing trees.
- * No more filter clearing on apply operation interrupt.
- * Error handling for property indexing yet more improved.
- * Faster startup.
- - Memory leaks on operation interrupt eliminated. More stable now.
- - Fixed bug in documentation with printing heading and all subtopics.
- - Fixed bug with window repainting at startup in some graphics resolutions.
- - Scanning of archives is now available under Windows NT.
- - Other minor bug-fixes.
- - Support for multiple languages in properties dropped since it is needless for most users and hard to support for us.
July 21, 1999, Release 0.70
- ! Online documentation included.
- + Status bar added.
- + Filtering code improved. New filtering functionality added.
- + New switch to disable scanning archives.
- + Some useful keyboard shortcuts added.
- * Dialogs redesigned for better feel and look. Buttons in dialogs now have the modern "flat" style.
- + Close buttons added to dialogs. Infrequently used buttons removed from the toolbar. Button to save changes in property edit window added.
- * Toolbar buttons now can be expanded in size.
- + Context menu added to the list pane of the explorer.
- * Even less flicker in the tree pane of the explorer.
- * Other cosmetic GUI changes.
- * Error handling in cases of master-node incorrect editing significantly improved.
- - "Interface mismatch. Engine version different." error and some other BDE initialization errors fixed.
- - A few minor bugs fixed.
April 12, 1999, Release 0.60
[ To the top ]